THERE IS NO OTHER SINGLE PRODUCT IN THE WORLD THAT WILL DO WHAT THE ACTIVE-COLLOID PRODUCT DOES, AND DOES IT AT COMPETITIVE OR LOWER COST, WITH COMPLETE SAFETY FOR THE USER, ENVIRONMENT, ECOSYSTEM AND MARINE ENVIRONMENT.
WHAT DO WE CALL AN “ACTIVE-COLLOID”?
Colloids are usually defined as disperse systems with the characteristic dimensions in the range of 10-5cm to 10-7cm. Colloidal particles are continuously involved in random repulsion from each other. They are disorderly and endlessly moving in a “BROWNIAN MOTION” without pause. Their continuous chain-collision resembles nuclear fission, where original size colloidal particles fragment into significantly smaller particles.
This endless mobility and continuous fragmentation is called “colloid activity”, and the product maximizing this activity is called an “active-colloid” product.
HOW “ACTIVE-COLLOID” PRODUCTS WORK.
Several factors contribute to the phenomenal success of “active-colloid”.
- First is that our active-colloid ingredients utilize the unique magnetic qualities and interactions of colloids, causing them to move endlessly in a continuous “Brownian Motion”. Active colloids chip away the soil and dirt from any surface without chemical intrusion. By continuous fragmentation of the original size of colloid particle, active colloids produce significantly smaller colloidal particles making them more accessible for different sizes of openings. It can be compared to a jet stream, which uses any openings to penetrate and excavate the surface.
- The second contributor is an electric double layer +/- charge of each “active-colloid” particle. It possesses the property of working with any material of any type of electric charge. Consequently the electric charge of treated material is irrelevant.
- The third contributor is the composition of an active colloid which possesses equal hydrophilic/hydrophobic properties. Thus water solubility or oiliness of the working environment doesn’t make any difference. Very importantly, active colloids work equally well in fresh or salt water.
- The fourth is the matrix structure that active-colloids form in the working environment. It helps to suspend and stabilize any types of emulsions, thus preventing the sedimentation of suspended materials. In the cleaning application it helps to prevent the redeposition of soil back on the cleaning surface. Since the colloids simply penetrate into soil and stir things up, their design is like no other cleaner and will continue to work as long as there is moisture to work with.
- The fifth is the porosity of active colloid particles which trap/absorb the particles suspended in media and hold them and render them inert.
All of these factors plus many others make our technology unique and extremely successful. They are utilized in a variety modern day applications as a cleaner, remediation agent, scouring agent, degreaser, laundry washing detergent, aircraft cleaner, pesticide dispenser, oil spills cleaner, deodorizer, and much more.
ALL OF OUR PRODUCTS ARE ENVIRONMENTALLY SAFE AND IN FACT HELP TO KEEP THE ENVIRONMENT CLEAN!
WHAT MAKES THESE PRODUCTS DIFFERENT FROM THE CURRENTLY BRANDED “ENVIRONMENTAL” PRODUCTS ON THE MARKET?
Biodegradability refers to the breaking down and returning of a substance to its natural state through a natural action. This happens when environmental bacteria attack the substance and return it to nature. However, the word “biodegradable” means nothing by itself, as all materials will eventually return to a natural state. The key is how soon or how long it takes. Most of the biodegradable products on the market utilize phosphates or enzymes for that purpose. In the case of phosphates, the substance biodegrades too quickly and becomes a “biostimulant”, a pollutant aging the waters by using too many bacteria too quickly (that is exactly what happened to The Great Lakes). In the case of enzymes, we run into an over-germination problem, which means rapid bacteria contamination.
When a substance biodegrades in excess of the optimum time, it is considered a hard chemical. These hard chemicals resist microorganisms and persist in the environment for many years. DDT is a hard chemical. These types of substances are generally soluble in fats and when ingested in food can be dangerous to our health.
For example, while phosphates biodegrade in 24 hours, mercury takes over 100 years to biodegrade. Thus, the term “biodegradable” means nothing unless the period of time in which the biodegradation occurs is stated.
WHAT IS A COLLOID?
Colloids are usually defined as disperse systems of which the characteristic dimension is in the range of 10-5cm to 10-7cm.
Colloidal particles cause random repulsion of each other; endlessly moving in a “Brownian Motion” of disorderly particle without any pause; continue chain-collision suggestive of nuclear fission; and fragment into gradually smaller particles. This endless mobility and continuous fragmentation is called “colloid activity”, and the product maximizing this activity is called a “colloid active product”.
IF A COLLOID-ACTIVE CLEANER DOESN’T CONTAIN SOLVENTS AND COMPONENTS FOUND IN COMMON CLEANERS, HOW DOES IT WORK?
ACTIVE-COLLOID CLEANING PRODUCTS
The special benefits of GREEN SAGE ECO PRODUCTS in the modern environmental arena makes utilization of these products a must for promotion of a better quality of life. Environmental chemistry has matured with time and has become a vital discipline of modern society. Environmental chemistry is an exciting area that permits application of colloidal properties to the one of the biggest challenges we face today – maintain, preserve, and enhance the quality of our environment, and protect our health from toxic chemicals.
Colloid-active cleaning compounds are people safe, environmentally safe, ecologically safe, non-hazardous, non-flammable, non-toxic, non-explosive and non-fuming. These colloid-active cleaners are homogeneous blends of active colloidal particles with vegetable fatty acid based alkanolamides (a non- ionic surfactant with alcohol groups which are partially esterified with fatty acid), sequestering compounds and hyper-wetting agents that become super active when processed together. The colloid-active cleaning compound’s action is very unique and can be compared to the reaction of atoms in an atomic explosion, where ceaseless random movement of atoms takes place. It shakes and lifts, separates and traps the hydrocarbon molecules in a suspension.
The unique action of Green Sage Eco Products cleaners is based on three extremely important functional properties of colloids.
First- giant surfaces of the colloidal particles readily accept oxygen and promote the reduction/decomposition process with minimum oxygen.
Second- colloidal particles actively absorb the ultraviolet and ozone from the surface and produce strong reactive hydroxyl groups.
Third- the luminous properties of colloidal particles further stimulate the photon induction process.
All of these unusual and complex functional properties of colloidal compounds promote the product’s biodegradability, making it environmentally safe and passive, thus returning it back to nature.
Acting like millions of microscopic air hammers, micelles chip away oil and dirt particles with consequent separation of them from the interface. Since colloidal micelles are relatively small structures (about one ten millionth of a centimeter in size) they have a unique ability to break down oils and dirt to a colloidal size, allowing them to be micro emulsified (colloidal suspension) within the solution. Once suspended, these tiny particles are no longer able to escape and cannot redeposit on the surface being cleaned. This creates a unique hygienic cleaning agent that is an ideal for cleaning surfaces that must be absolutely clean.
Colloid-Active cleaner is safe on anything that is safe in water. It may be used in hard, soft, or salt water. It contains no phosphates, ammonia, chlorine, dangerous petroleum distillates, nitrates, NTA, enzymes, sulfates, sulfonates, caustics, or other known pollutants.
HOW GREEN SAGE ECO PRODUCTS ACTIVE COLLOID CLEANERS MEET CRITERIA OF “ENVIRONMENTAL” PRODUCTS
Does not contain any of the ozone depleting compounds. Contains no phosphates, nitrates, NTA, enzymes, sulfates, sulfonates, caustics, or other known pollutants.
- Not on a list of chemicals Toxics Release Inventory of OSHA Carcinogens.
- Not on a list of The Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) of United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Not on a list of Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.
- Not on a list of New Jersey Hazardous Substance Fact Sheets
- Vapor Density (air=1): .62
- Flash Point: None
- Boiling Point: 212oF
- Pigment : None
- Catalyst : None
- Vehicle : None
- Solvent : None
- Additives : None
Does not require any special precautions for handling and storage. There are no effects from over-exposure.
ENVIRONMENTAL TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
- Biodegradability: Readily decomposed by naturally occurring microorganisms.
- Meets OECD and EPA recommendations for ready biodegradability.
- Environmental Toxicological Information:
- Considered practically non-toxic per EPA’s aquatic toxicity scale. Non-lethal to any of the marine and estuarine test animals.
- Acute Toxicity to the selected species shall not be measurable during a 96-hrs exposure period in an aqueous solution containing a concentration of OSCA 10 times the initial 96-hrs TLM as measured after 20 days of aging at 15oC.
- Product degradation by quantitative analysis of the product in a solution of natural seawater over a period of 20 days.
- Acute Toxicity:
- Results 90% survival at 96 hours.
- Procedure Reference: Evaluating Oil Spill Clean Up Agents Pub. No. 43, 1971. California State Water Resources Control Board.
- Product Degradation by Quantitative Analysis:
- Initial concentration 5,000 mg/l
- Twenty day age sample 185 mg/l
Determination made by InfraRed Spectroscopy.
Based on the aging procedure as outlined in Evaluating Oil Spill Clean Up Agents Pub. No. 43, 1971. California State Water Resources Control Board, degradation was noted. Based on the Bioassay data, the concentration was relatively non-toxic at the end of the aging procedure.